OH MY GOUACHE debuted in 2016. Although this archived class is an independent study now, you may still come along for the ride. Here I will show you every single thing I’ve learned about working with gouache paint inside the covers of my sketchbook. From simple graphic pages to more realistic depictions of small & large scenes from daily life, this is a jumbo-sized video workshop featuring dozens of demonstrations of me painting with gouache inside my sketchbook. I provide loads of modeling, think-alouds, and sharing of my imperfect messy process with you. If you’re interested in a deep look inside my daily practice of painting with gouache, this oldie, but goodie might be for you.
Play is a powerful teacher and through play & exploration I’ll take you on a glorious romp through the velvety world of gouache. If you’ve been curious about gouache (rhymes with squash), but weren’t sure how to begin incorporating it into your current sketchbook practice, I’ll show you everything I know. All you need is sense of curiosity, the courage to dive in and begin, and a burning desire to develop & maintain an ongoing practice in your sketchbook.
As a current class member you will be able to access 6 bonus videos and attend upcoming ZOOM playdates by clicking on 2022 in the menu bar up top, after you sign in. ZOOMS are unrecorded, live events only. I’ve added additional dates through December 2022. These are strictly a time to connect and work together in our sketchbooks – they aren’t intended to be instructional, but may be inspirational if you’re stuck and need a dose of play in your life.
- If you don’t have a Paypal account, use the credit card option Paypal offers (no account needed)
- If you are registered in more than one of my classes please note that these are all independent websites, thus your login details will vary from class to class.
- 6 months/$35
- 45 videos – just over 9 hours of content. As of 2022, There are 51 videos and over 11 hours of content. All available from the moment you complete registration.
- Included in this video workshop will be instruction on binding your own sketchbook using a unique & lovely stitch on the spine. An easier alternative stitch will also be demonstrated for those new to bookbinding.
- Also included is 1 printable PDF with detailed stitch instructions
- Detailed supply information will be provided on the class blog immediately upon registration. Click on Supplies in the navigation bar.
- Some images in the photo above and the video may be similar, but not identical to what you will see in class.
- I no longer offer support or answer questions (I can’t remember the answers!)
- some previous drawing & watercolor experience (current/former members of SKETCHBOOKERY will be well-prepared!)
- high-speed internet connection and up-to-date computer or mobile device for streaming videos & access to class blog
- ability to navigate a website
- $35/6 months. Email me to begin the process, or simply re-register using a new email. In the old days, one could get an extension instead of paying full price for the class again. Now that the extension price is the same as the initial cost to register, there’s no need. If the system won’t let you register using the same email, let me know and I’ll register you manually from my end.
Howdy, I’m Mary Ann Moss. I’m a schoolmarm by day and a sketchbook keeper by night. I have bookcases filled with stacks of handmade visual journals, sketchbooks, and travel journals. Making pictures of my life inside the covers of handmade books is a deeply rewarding experience. Since 2007 I’ve been blabbering away about my art process to anyone who will listen over at my blog, Dispatch From LA. Occasionally, in between sketchbookery, traveling, teaching, walking, reading poetry to my cats, napping, and educating young punks, I get a big idea and turn it into an online class. This is such a time.
- $1000 of the proceeds from OMG! have been donated to the following charity