Come with me on my latest greatest sketchbook adventure which started with my last online venture, SKETCHBOOKERY where I shared my drawing & watercolor process. In OH MY GOUACHE, which debuted in 2016, I show you every single thing I’ve learned about working with gouache paint inside the covers of my sketchbook. From simple graphic pages to more realistic depictions of small & large scenes from daily life, this is a jumbo-sized video workshop featuring dozens of demonstrations of me painting with gouache inside my sketchbook. I provide loads of modeling, think-alouds, and sharing of my imperfect messy process with you. If you’re interested in a deep look inside my daily practice of painting with gouache, this is the class for you! Play is a powerful teacher and through play & exploration I’ll take you on a glorious romp through the velvety world of gouache. If you’ve been curious about gouache (rhymes with squash), but weren’t sure how to begin incorporating it into your current sketchbook practice, I’ll show you everything I know. All you need is sense of curiosity, the courage to dive in and begin, and a burning desire to develop & maintain an ongoing practice in your sketchbook.
- If you don’t have a Paypal account, use the credit card option Paypal offers (no account needed)
- If you are registered in more than one of my classes please note that these are all independent websites, thus your login details will vary from class to class.
- 1 yr/
- 45 videos (just over 9 hours of content). Available from the moment you complete registration.
- Included in this video workshop will be instruction on binding your own sketchbook using a unique & lovely stitch on the spine. An easier alternative stitch will also be demonstrated for those new to bookbinding.
- Also included is 1 printable PDF with detailed stitch instructions
- Detailed supply information will be provided on the class blog immediately upon registration. Click on Supplies in the navigation bar.
- Some images in the photo above and the video may be similar, but not identical to what you will see in class.
- some previous drawing & watercolor experience (current/former members of SKETCHBOOKERY will be well-prepared!)
- high-speed internet connection and up-to-date computer or mobile device for streaming videos & access to class blog
- ability to navigate a website
- If you find yourself needing more time to finish OH MY GOAUCHE!, regardless of when you registered or when your membership expired, you may purchase a 1 yr. extension for $35. Email me to begin the process
Howdy, I’m Mary Ann Moss. I’m a schoolmarm by day and a sketchbook keeper by night. I have bookcases filled with stacks of handmade visual journals, sketchbooks, and travel journals. Making pictures of my life inside the covers of handmade books is a deeply rewarding experience. Since 2007 I’ve been blabbering away about my art process to anyone who will listen over at my blog, Dispatch From LA. Occasionally, in between sketchbookery, traveling, teaching, walking, reading poetry to my cats, napping, and educating young punks, I get a big idea and turn it into an online class. This is such a time.
- $1000 of the proceeds from OMG! have been donated to the following charity