Come with me on my latest greatest sketchbook adventure which started with my last online venture, SKETCHBOOKERY where I shared my drawing & watercolor process. In OH MY GOUACHE! I show you every single thing I’ve learned about working with gouache paint inside the covers of my sketchbook. From simple graphic pages to more realistic depictions of small & large scenes from daily life, this is a jumbo-sized video workshop featuring dozens of demonstrations of me painting with gouache inside my sketchbook. This is more of a show not tell workshop. While I provide loads of modeling, think-alouds, and sharing of my imperfect messy process with you, a lecture format & explicit step-by-step instruction class this is not. If you’re interested in a deep look inside my daily practice of painting with gouache, you’ll be happy as a clam. Play is a powerful teacher and through play & exploration I’ll take you on a glorious romp through the velvety world of gouache. If you’ve been curious about gouache (rhymes with squash), but weren’t sure how to begin incorporating it into your current sketchbook practice, I’ll show you everything I know. All you need is sense of curiosity, the courage to dive in and begin, and a burning desire to develop & maintain an ongoing practice in your sketchbook.
$20 off till September 30
no coupon code needed
- The registration page has a caps lock glitch. Your email is not case sensitive so it won’t matter. Write your password on paper and type it in exactly as you have it written. You can always use the “lost password” link and your email/username to reset it anytime you forget it.
- You’ll begin the registration process by creating your membership account, then you’ll go to Paypal to complete checkout.
- If you don’t have a Paypal account, use the credit card option Paypal offers (no account needed)
- If you are registered in more than one of my classes please note that these are all independent websites, thus your login details will vary from class to class.
- 3 different registration levels will be offered for this self-paced class. Each level determines the price and how long you have access to the class videos & blog.
- 6 mo/$92, 1 yr/$102, 2 yr/$112
- 45 videos (just over 9 hours of content). Available from the moment you complete registration.
- Included in this video workshop will be instruction on binding your own sketchbook using a unique & lovely stitch on the spine. An easier alternative stitch will also be demonstrated for those new to bookbinding.
- Also included is 1 printable PDF with detailed stitch instructions
- Detailed supply information will be provided on the class blog immediately upon registration. Click on Supplies in the navigation bar.
- You will have access to a vibrant, active community of sketchbook keepers via a private, optional Facebook group and/or you may also choose to share online via Instragram. Hashtag: #OMGclassMAM
- You will have the ability to upload photos directly to class blog if social media isn’t your thing
- Some images in the photo above and the video may be similar, but not identical to what you will see in class.
- Here is a blog button if you like that sort of thing…you can link back to this page
- some previous drawing & watercolor experience (current/former members of SKETCHBOOKERY will be well-prepared!)
- high-speed internet connection and up-to-date computer or mobile device for streaming videos & access to class blog
- ability to navigate a website
- if you find yourself needing more time to finish OH MY GOUACHE!, it is not necessary to repurchase the class at the original price, however it is to your benefit to choose the longer-term membership from the beginning and represents a significant savings should you change your mind later and need more class time. After expiration, memberships may be extended in 1 yr increments only – cost $35
Howdy, I’m Mary Ann Moss. I’m a schoolmarm by day and a sketchbook keeper by night. I have bookcases filled with stacks of handmade visual journals, sketchbooks, and travel journals. Making pictures of my life inside the covers of handmade books is a deeply rewarding experience. Since 2007 I’ve been blabbering away about my art process to anyone who will listen over at my blog, Dispatch From LA. Occasionally, in between sketchbookery, traveling, teaching, walking, reading poetry to my cats, napping, and educating young punks, I get a big idea and turn it into an online class. This is such a time.
- $1000 of the proceeds from OMG! have been donated to the following charity